Want to do SC exploratory dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lee Taylor

Crusty old diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
200 - 499
Below is an email from a friend of mine.

I'm looking for a few divers (6 max each trip) that would like to dive the Cooper River this winter. This is not a charter but you'll be excepted to chip in a few dollars for gas. Last winter I had a few divers doing some exploratory dives looking for new fossil beds and we spent a few days scanning the river bottom with a Hummingbird Depth Finder 987C, the type with side scan technology. Any way we found a few fossils beds with a few nice finds. Some I did not get to dive. I have the locations on the GPS.

Basically I plan on slowly cruising to mark a few sites and then diving them that day or as the current allows on other dates. All persons must have their SCIAA Hobby License and any significant historical finds must be/will be reported to SCIAA, you can remove artifacts or fossils as allowed by state. Tentative dates for these excursions include weekends in January and Feburary, and perhaps March. Right now the water is cool (54F) and the visibility has been fairly very good on low tides.. I do this to locate new fossils beds to do charters on during the dive season and you are welcome to GPS coordinates, pictures etc.

If interested e-mail at "cooperriverdiving@gmail.com" and put in "Winter Diving" in the subject field or leave your contact information in the e-mail and I’ll let everyone know the dates and times.

http://www.cooperriverdiving.com/

FossilDiver.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom