Want to meet buddies to dive Breakwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ishie:
Jim and I should be in Monterey at LEAST one weekend in that time period if you're interested. We'd love to meet some more divers... just... just promise you aren't Fred? :wink:

Ishie

Great! and I promise I'm not Fred and I'm a safe careful diver.
Looks like my best bet will be to rent tanks in the SanJose area if I'm doing night dives so they can be returned the next day. Will be diving Nubble lighthouse in Maine this week and then the Pacific Ocean next week!

John C.

jchaplain:
Great! and I promise I'm not Fred and I'm a safe careful diver.
Looks like my best bet will be to rent tanks in the SanJose area if I'm doing night dives so they can be returned the next day. Will be diving Nubble lighthouse in Maine this week and then the Pacific Ocean next week!

John C.

Ooh cool! This weekend, I'm saving for next weekend, because we're hopefully going to do our first Tahoe dive for the weekend after. Maybe Oct. 9 or 10?

Ishie

Burner:
I might be interested in going sometime. Send me a pm. I'd consider a night dive if I have a bulb for my light by then.
If you can get out during the week with someone go to point lobos.

Why Point Lobos at night...is it much different than Breakwater?

I hope there's none of these at either place... :hai:

I'll send you a pm early next week when I get in town, figure out where to rent my gear, and find out how to drive from San Jose to Monterey. I'm hoping I can make the drive from San Jose to be at Breakwater by 6 pm or so any given evening.:unsure:

John C.

I didn't read the original post as "Pt. Lobos at night" but rather
"Pt. Lobos during the day, or a night dive somewhere".

Pt. Lobos at night is not an option. Park's closed. But given
that Pt. Lobos is a better dive than the breakwater, it would
be a great night dive.

jchaplain:
Why Point Lobos at night...is it much different than Breakwater?

I hope there's none of these at either place... :hai:

John C.

jchaplain:
I'm hoping I can make the drive from San Jose to be at Breakwater by 6 pm or so any given evening.:unsure:

John C.

I also might join you some afternoon for an early evening or night dive, if you'd like...I'd have to plan it a day or two ahead, but could probably arrange it.

I'd be driving from Santa Clara or Mountain View.

Well if it's going to be a party, count me in! I live in Monterey so I can join in for a dive anytime. Night dives sound great to me.

Keep in mind that I started the recent Fred thread so be kind. I'm fragile and vulnerable :06:

As for your bulb, Burner...I've got a spare light since no one has claimed the one I found a few weekends ago. (What's the statute of limitations on that, anyway...unclaimed after 30 days and it's yours?)

PM me for contact info.

LittleFrog:
I've got a spare light since no one has claimed the one I found a few weekends ago. (What's the statute of limitations on that, anyway...unclaimed after 30 days and it's yours?)

Sorry for the hijack...

I follow the policy that I try to find an owner, and use the item (if I need it, which isn't often) until/unless they show up. Most of what I've found were weight belts and knives...LOL

Have you posted on the ba_diving group on yahoo about item(s) you've found in Monterey ? Often you'll find the owner there, or someone who knows the owner. Six months ago, a fellow diver found my friends' fin he had lost, and posted there...I recognized the post, and got the fin back for the friend...Worked great!

Enjoy!

John
i mentioned earlier doing a night dive, only night that will work for me next week is wednesday, i work and live in the sunnyvale area, so if you're interested send me a pm before then.

Thanks for the offer on the light, but you should keep it for when yours fails (if you can't find the owner, I'm guessing you have a good chance at the group Chuck mentioned). I do have a secondary, I just would greatly prefer to have my 18W HID.

Also point lobos is a spectactular day dive, but it is difficult to impossible to get into during the weekend unless you reserve a spot a couple months in advance. During the week you can almost always get in. I think they are open at 9am and close around 5pm. If you can get away from during the week I would highly recommend going there. The entry is easier then breakwater imo, and the only difficulty is very heavy kelp, although someone who has been there more recently can say how much kelp is in the middle.

Chortle: Three Pt. Lobos reservations were available
for Saturday in the last 24 hours (they're gone). I'm
there pretty regularly. I have to pick the days when the
tides are right to launch my boat. I just calculate those
days from the tide tables each October, and put all the
days to make reservations in my computer calendar,
which tells me to make the reservation when I get to
work on the appropriate morning. All it takes is a little
planning ahead.

Kelp is still heavy. Whaler's Cove is probably the thickest
kelp bed in Monterey County. So secure those fin
straps with duct tape or a short piece of bike inner tube,