Wanted: 1 Dive Buddy....Gilboa....Wed June 16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big-t-2538

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
O.K...I know I haven't posted hardly at all in the last 3 weeks-ish. I have no good excuse other than I was busy with work...yes work.

Anyway, while working, I was able to purchase a regulator, and it needs to be tested out. I would love to be able to swing up to Gilboa this week on Wednesday evening and make a dive, but my usual buddy has bailed on me.

I need a buddy...anybody want to make a dive at Gilboa this week?

I was just yesterday thinking about the lack of posts from you.

Wednesday isn't possible, but I am planning to take the day off on Friday (6/18) and will head to Gilboa if I can find a buddy. Are you up for a Friday/Saturday?

-Rob

Unfortunately for me, this weekend is booked...originally, I was going to take last weekend and spend it with the fam...however, my good friends up north called and said that their new twins were being baptized last Sunday and we made a road trip up there and shot the weekend away. If I don't spend this weekend at home, I might be wifeless come Monday.

But Sunday is Father's Day! Can't you milk that for another weekend?

Yeah, I know... I've been planning to take the 18th for a couple weeks now so I had plenty of time to prep the family. And besides, I'm going to be back for Father's Day anyway.

(I'm assuming that by "twins" you meant "doubles" and "baptized" didn't involve clergy.)

-Rob

Big-t-2538:
Anyway, while working, I was able to purchase a regulator, and it needs to be tested out.

Whacha get? What shiney new toy are you taking into the silt-ridden abyss? DS4/ATX50...?

Hey T, Bruce and I are going up Tuesday for 2 dives, can you make it then? He's taking off work early (12 or 1pm) so I don't know how late we'll be up there.
Ber

Ber Rabbit:
Hey T, Bruce and I are going up Tuesday for 2 dives, can you make it then? He's taking off work early (12 or 1pm) so I don't know how late we'll be up there.
Ber
No....I have a damn Darting Association meeting tonight.....responsibility is beginning to get the best of me.

Netmage...I was able to pick up a used SP MK2+ 1st, SP R190 2nd, and all with an SPG for under 100$. Then I ordered an R390 second from Simply Scuba for just under 150. I did order the shorter HP hose from Abyss during their "clean house" sale and some other odds-n-ends.

I'm going to De-mote the 190 to the necklace, slap on the 390 and see how it all works out.

Total cost was right at $275 with all the littles I ordered from Abyss...

Wife....actually she was o.k. with it (...ish)

Now I just need to dive the damn thing.

Big-t-2538:
O.K...I know I haven't posted hardly at all in the last 3 weeks-ish. I have no good excuse other than I was busy with work...yes work.

Anyway, while working, I was able to purchase a regulator, and it needs to be tested out. I would love to be able to swing up to Gilboa this week on Wednesday evening and make a dive, but my usual buddy has bailed on me.

I need a buddy...anybody want to make a dive at Gilboa this week?

I would love to go terry, get in touch with me. I am a new diver, have 10 dives in so far.

thanks
jr

e-mail wendledo1@yahoo.com

GRRRR....well...unfortunatley, I am not going to be able to go tomorrow anymore...work has piled up, and we have a meeting tomorrow at 4...meaning I'll be lucky to be to the quarry by 7:30 if I push it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom