Wanted: Dive Site Info/Photos/Reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChevaYEA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello Northern California Divers,

I’m a moderator for The Perfect Dive, a free website created for divers, by divers, to find dive sites, get driving directions, view site photos, and provide all the information needed to plan your dives (We'll leave the boards up to ScubaBoard though :wink:). Divers are able to leave reviews, post new dive sites, upload photos, etc. We began the site in the Puget Sound area and are the most informative local dive resource available.
We want to expand the website down the west coast and make it available to the California dive community but we’ll need your help. We’ve visited the channel Islands and uploaded those sites, we hit Monterey and loaded up the dives we made there, and I’ve uploaded up all the information I could find for popular dive sites from the books I have but now we're handing it over to the local and hope you will be willing to help fill it out. Here’s how you can help:

• Go to www.ThePerfectDive.net and select the California coast region.
  • Make a profile (no cost) so you can contribute content to the site
  • Look at the list of dive sites
  • Leave reviews on any of the ones that you have been to. Let us know if there is something that needs to be modified (specifically like features to look for on your dive, cool stuff you’ve seen, facilities available, etc.)
  • Create new site listings for any dive sites that are missing
  • Upload photos to the dive sites that you’ve been to
  • Send us information about your favorite charters, dive shops, clubs, etc. so we can load them up in the site.

Of course, everything you do will be credited to your profile, which you can link back to your own website if you have one. Let us know how you like the website. Please PM me if you have any questions. Thanks for you help, I use to live in Huntington Beach and another moderator is from Santa Cruz so we thought it was about time to make it available to you all!

Last edited:
PHEW!!!! I thought it was my system.....obviously it does not work here either.

link doesn't work :(

The list of dive sites needs to be separated into more granular regions (Monterey, Carmel, Channel Islands, etc.) - there are dozens of dives sites in any given area, and right now you've got Monterey sites showing up next to La Jolla next to Santa Barbara.

The list of dive sites needs to be separated into more granular regions (Monterey, Carmel, Channel Islands, etc.) - there are dozens of dives sites in any given area, and right now you've got Monterey sites showing up next to La Jolla next to Santa Barbara.
That's great feedback. We're working on "Sub Regions" right now which would allow users to sort by region (in this case, all of the california coast) or by sub region such as Monterey. ScubaBoard here only has North and Southern Cali but I was thinking it needed to be something more like Northern Cali (Montery area northward), Southern Cali, and the Channel Islands. What sub regions would you all prefer to see?

PHEW!!!! I thought it was my system.....obviously it does not work here either.

Sorry about that, it should be fine now. The web person was doing some server work so I redirected to the .NET version of the site (weird, I know but at least you can see it in the mean time). Thanks for letting me know.:confused:

Here's an idea for photo submissions. Last.fm does this. When you attend a concert, and you go to the concert page on Last.fm, it gives you a machine-code tag that you can tag your flickr photos with. When you tag your photos on flickr with that machine-code, using the flickr API it automatically pulls the photo into the concert page on Last.fm. It's really cool, and it's super easy to share photos from an event.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom