wanted: Kona weekday boat dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnyb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Aloha Big Island scuba boarders:
I'm looking for a select few experienced divers who are available on WEEKDAYS to join me on my dive boat. All my regular dive buddies are only available on weekends.

You should have experience with boating as well, i.e. can help launch & retrieve the boat at the ramp, assist in getting us tied at the moorings, can drive the boat if necessary, call on the radio in case of emergency, etc.

Cost is minimal, usually $20 for gas, and help with the washdown.
See my pic posts for a look at the boat. She is stored at Honokahau boat lot.

I will be there this summer for two weeks, from July 31 to August 14. I fit your qualifications. For 5 of those days I will be diving with REEF using Jack's Dive Locker as the charter, but will be looking to do afternoon dives or day dives on the other days.

Tim

coachrenz:
I will be there this summer for two weeks, from July 31 to August 14. I fit your qualifications. For 5 of those days I will be diving with REEF using Jack's Dive Locker as the charter, but will be looking to do afternoon dives or day dives on the other days.

Tim

PM me when it gets closer Tim
Aloha

She's a pretty sweet craft. Sorry I'm so far away. I used to load and unload an I/O ski boat every week. Lots of fun watching the inexperienced on the ramp. I'll be in Kona this week but it's a family trip. I sold the boat years ago so I'm out of practice anyway. I would like to build another boat though. What make and model is yours? How does she handle in open water? I'd use mine in Monterey and on lakes. Sorry if this is too far off topic.

Carl

GDCB:
She's a pretty sweet craft. Sorry I'm so far away. I used to load and unload an I/O ski boat every week. Lots of fun watching the inexperienced on the ramp. I'll be in Kona this week but it's a family trip. I sold the boat years ago so I'm out of practice anyway. I would like to build another boat though. What make and model is yours? How does she handle in open water? I'd use mine in Monterey and on lakes. Sorry if this is too far off topic.

Carl

Glass-Pro 2300 built on Oahu, custom to my specs for diving. Modified V hull is flatter than most other hawaii boats which are designed for trolling, so she rides just a little bit bumpy. But, she is more stable when stopped, better at anchor/mooring for gearing up, etc. Low freeboard for easier exits & entries.

[Love Kona....live in Oregon, diving a little bit colder. Have my own boat, tried shore diving in Kona...still
like boats. Will be in Kona Mar 19-26 2013, looking for dive buddies. Wife likes to dive but not as much as I do.

Bill

Aloha Donny!
I fit some of your criteria. I'm mainland-based but will be in Kona from 12/23-27 (on Hilo side before and after). I'm hanging with a friend who doesn't dive, but I need to get at least a little diving in. I'm a very experienced diver and have spent a LOT of time on boats. I don't have any boat formal training but i'm no prima donna and am happy to do whatever I can. (I realize that might not be enough : ) The one thing I'm definitely hoping to do, finally, is the night dive with mantas. Do you do that or have any interest? You could email directly at suzannegerber0@gmail.com if this could work. FYI, since my diving will be minimal, i was only planning to bring mask, fins, regs and computer. Would I be able to rent the rest? Mahalo! ~ suzanne

Back
Top Bottom