Wanting to buy Canon 40D underwater housing. NO BAGS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alexmartinezphoto

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Im a Still Photographer starting to get into underwater photography. I use a Canon 40D and looking to get an underwater housing unit for it. If any one is interested in selling or know of a good place to buy let me know please. Also no underwater bags. I don't trust those. seems like bad news bears

Thanks everyone

Thanks Im new to the forum didnt know about the classifieds.

Would u consider a 10D in an ikelite housing with a ds-125 strobe? Upgrading to a 7d with a nauticam housing this year.... I also have a 40d for topside, but having the cheaper body is a plus if u get a flood! For underwater, not a big diff between the 10 and 40...

Would u consider a 10D in an ikelite housing with a ds-125 strobe? Upgrading to a 7d with a nauticam housing this year.... I also have a 40d for topside, but having the cheaper body is a plus if u get a flood! For underwater, not a big diff between the 10 and 40...

Unless the OP wants to use the EF-S 60mm macro lens. Or ANY EF-S lens for that matter. 10D = no EF-S lens support

I don't have a housing for sale but I'd certainly recommend looking at a Hugyfot housing for the Canon 40D. I have a 50D which uses the same Hugyfot housing and can't say a bad word about it!

The housing is designed on CADCam software so is more compacy and feels more natural than most housings, the HugyCheck system that comes with these housings allow you to check the seal on the housing before entering the water so the chnaces of flooding due to a faulty seal are almost zero.

Obviously if you give it a know underwater and damage the seal the check isn't so useful but it's certainly saved me on two occasions when the pressure check indicated an problem after which I found a problem with the o-ring (once a small hair, once a grain of sand) which would have caused a flood had I have used the camera without the checking system.

Hugyfot are a little more expensive than most metal housings on the market but in my case it's paid for itself already by saving two floods!

Not sure about suppliers by their website is hugyfot d o t com - you should be able to find more details there :)

Hope that helps!

Karl

Unless the OP wants to use the EF-S 60mm macro lens. Or ANY EF-S lens for that matter. 10D = no EF-S lens support

True dat... I forgot about those EF-S lenses!

I use the Tamron 60 mm macro, works great.... also the Tokina 12-24.

Im going to stick with the 40D. There are a few differences between that and the 10D that normaly wouldnt make a big deal but the way i shoot kinda demands the differences.

Im a Still Photographer starting to get into underwater photography. I use a Canon 40D and looking to get an underwater housing unit for it. If any one is interested in selling or know of a good place to buy let me know please. Also no underwater bags. I don't trust those. seems like bad news bears

Thanks everyone

my husband uses that camera and loves it. He has a Sea & Sea housing. You might want to check with them and see what they have. I think they discontinued the housing recently but they may have a newer one that works, or maybe they can tell you where to get one. My husband is ront here on SB, if you want to send him a PM.

robin:D

Im going to stick with the 40D. There are a few differences between that and the 10D that normaly wouldnt make a big deal but the way i shoot kinda demands the differences.

Sounds reasonable... I just bought the 7D, and will be getting a housing for it soon.. gave my 40D to my son, who is an excellent topside photographer.

Happy hunting!

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom