wanting to dive lake martin this spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well Im no longer in Alabama but I wish I could have made it out there to dive with you guys. I miss that place dearly. Anyway I am glad you guys had a great time.

My computer showed a two degree drop at 20-22 feet. I got seperated from the group looking for lost treasure. My max depth was 52' with a temp of 53 degrees. The sunglasses are Bolle they have been down a long time. dont thing i can get off all the gunk on the lenses with scratching them severly. Vis was poor. amazing how you can drop down about 10 feet away from the dive flag and still not find anybody. only thing that got cold on me was my lips which went numb. my hoodie is a very thick one and about a size too small hurts to put on and take off. It made a world of difference. After 58 minutes in the water with a 5/4mill wetsuit i was not near as cold as when i come out of 68 degree spring water.

Im dropping my tank off today to get a fill and I plan on being back this weeking to search other areas for goodies. long range forecast is 78 degrees and sunny. My neighbor said he would man the boat if i take it out as long as a cooler is full of cold ones are available.

My computer showed a two degree drop at 20-22 feet. I got seperated from the group looking for lost treasure. My max depth was 52' with a temp of 53 degrees. The sunglasses are Bolle they have been down a long time. dont thing i can get off all the gunk on the lenses with scratching them severly. Vis was poor. amazing how you can drop down about 10 feet away from the dive flag and still not find anybody. only thing that got cold on me was my lips which went numb. my hoodie is a very thick one and about a size too small hurts to put on and take off. It made a world of difference. After 58 minutes in the water with a 5/4mill wetsuit i was not near as cold as when i come out of 68 degree spring water.

Im dropping my tank off today to get a fill and I plan on being back this weeking to search other areas for goodies. long range forecast is 78 degrees and sunny. My neighbor said he would man the boat if i take it out as long as a cooler is full of cold ones are available.

Nikki is wanting to dive this weekend if you need a buddy. I would probably go sunday too.

I still haven't made it to AS2 to get my tank filled! Hate to use my nitrox tank on a 30' dive but tomorrow is looking awfully nice!

If there is a Lake Martin Dive this summer my husband and I would love to be included.
We have always heard about diving there, but never got the opportunity,
Thanks

Shore dive at kowaliga 1pm today. Sorry late notice anybody welcome to join!

I hope yall have a good time

We had a good time. The weather was PERFECT! Not a cloud in the sky. Vis was probably 10-15 ft at best. Temp was approx 52 degrees @ 40 ft. I dove dry so the cold did not bother me at all. As for LanceLisenby, let's just say he ended the dive shivering his butt off... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom