(WARNING: Graphic Violence) Dive Night Terrors - Bonaire Video at Salt Pier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soloist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Here’s a video from a single night dive at Salt Pier. This actually happened the night before “Three Rays and a Hooker” video was recorded (posted in an earlier thread). I became fixated on a green moray and a southern ray aggressively hunting in the halo of lights. The footage is truly fascinating, however, as a warning some may find this disturbing. The green moray couldn’t fish for sh*t, but he finally grabs a doctor fish at the end of the clip. Somebody get me a doctor.....fish!

Cool! By the end, after so many fails, you are rooting for him to finally catch one, lol!

Great vid. I'm waiting for you to produce Sharknado #20. You have the gift. :acclaim:

Salt Pier is always an interesting dive (not necessarily my favorite). Last time there we saw a beautiful (if ferocious looking) black & gold chain moray. It feels almost like a post-apocalyptic world and sometimes I come away with a bit of an unsettled, slightly creepy feeling.:shocked: I have to run down and dive Margate Bay or Vista Blue just to remind myself all is right with the world. :) We're headed back in a couple of weeks. Gotta love "dive freedom." :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing!

Life (and death) on the reef.

More life than death it would seem. The innate sense and ability to evade death exhibited by those fish was pretty amazing. I was somewhat conflicted knowing my lights were being exploited for their hunt, but every time I turned around they were there. The tarpon too, as usual. Was on a collision course with those freaking fish more than once.

Back
Top Bottom