Warranty for brand new Flathead 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ballast

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last year in the Maldives, my old and much loved Flathead 6 accidentally fell overboard during the crew's transfer from the dive dhoni to the main ship. The boat's US representative very kindly replaced my regulator with a brand new Flathead 7. I'm now in the Philippines and my 1st stage failed after only 16 dives. One of the other guests at the resort is a diveshop owner and repairs Zeagle regs, but didn't have the tools with him. At first he thought the brass ring simply needed extra torque, and tried to wrench it down, but subsequent attempts to use indicated intermediate stage pressure was way too high and simple Allen wrench adjustments didn't work. He said the reg would most likely need a complete overhaul.

Since I didn't purchase this reg myself, and have no idea where it was purchased, how do I go about getting it repaired? If it's brand new, it should still be under warranty, shouldn't it?

Are you heading back to the states? If so, any Zeagle dealer can arrange to either repair it, check it out for you, or service it...depending on what the problem is...

Thanks,

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom