Warranty form??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea-glider

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently sent my warranty form to head inc. as they are the distributors here in the US. How do I know if they have received the forms? will they send a confirmation email?
Also, I forgot to write two mares SPG's on the warranty form and I guess i will be getting new forms to send. however, on the form it says you have to register products within 10 days of purchase which has passed long time ago (almost 2 months now. also sent the other warranty forms about a month late.). Is mares really strict with time of registration?? I dont really understand the logic of that. I have bought them from my LDS and they are authorized Mares dealers so I expect as long as I have my receipt I should be covered by the warranty.

Personally i think this warranty issue with dive equipment companies really needs to be sorted out by the industry. I'm just finding out not all shops and most internet sales are not covered. Most beginners are not aware of this situation and are penalized if they make the mistake. but as far as customers point of view, they bought the products that the manufacturer suplies to these companies and assume the company will honor their warranty. In the end all these products are sent from the manufacturing department, whether some companies get their products through grey market is not the customers fault and should be the companies responsibility to stop this from happening. I assume a company can track their products through serial numbers to find out how an unauthorized dealer got their products. but i guess that will also reduce the number of outlets that sell their products, which probably is not in their interest!
sorry for the rant..

Last edited:
Hi sea-glider

The most important point for warranty coverage is to have your store receipt (not credit card slip). As long as you have this receipt with items and date of purchase from an authorized dealer, you will not have any warranty issue.

regards

Phil

thanks phil,
yep i keep my store receipts in a safe place :)
so i should send new waranty forms for the 2 SPG's? or just leave it as I will be near my LDS for 3 years and can take it to them if something goes wrong. I assume the warranty is for 1 year anyway.

If you have the forms, please send for the SPG's. We do like to have the equioment registered. It does help with warranty, plus if there is ever a need for a recall we have a record to contact you.

Just keep your receipts to determine date of purchase should you need warranty coverage.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom