Warranty on HOG Gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scc135

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was looking around but couldn't find any info on it. Any info on this?

I was looking around but couldn't find any info on it. Any info on this?

which gear?

Most of the gear has a two year warranty, regs are limited lifetime.

That sounds pretty good. What exactly does it mean?
If the reg fails, then your life becomes limited! :eyebrow: (just kidding!!!)

What is generally meant by "Limited Lifetime Warranty" is that the unit is covered for the life of the product, as long as it's used within the proper scope and range of use that it's been designed for. Warranties of this nature do not imply coverage for abused products, and also take into consideration normal use and abuse over the life of the product.

If you take proper care of your equipment, the manufacturer will take proper care of you should the need ever arise to make a warranty claim.

Traditionally this type of warranty also only applies to the original purchaser or end-user with proof of purchase, and unless specified in writing is not transferrable.

-Tim

which gear?

Most of the gear has a two year warranty, regs are limited lifetime.

why not put this on the EDGE/Hog website?

when I was looking on the website the other day, I couldn't find anything that give what the warranty was, what was included, if "free parts for life" were included like they were on other brands, etc...

why not put this on the EDGE/Hog website?

when I was looking on the website the other day, I couldn't find anything that give what the warranty was, what was included, if "free parts for life" were included like they were on other brands, etc...

because I SUCK as a website developer, updater or whatever it is I'm supposed to be doing on it.....:depressed:

Does purchasing HOG regs from an online dealer like ScubaToys, etc. void the warranty like some of the other "elitist" brands?

FWIW: Regarding warranty, these guys are absolutely fantastic to work with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom