Washing regulator at the dive site. Aggressive Spray or slow trickle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadude223

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been looking at cleaning all of my dive gear at the dive site. There is a shower at the site that when turns on has an aggressive spray of water that comes out of the shower head. What risk would there be to the regulator if I were to subject it to a strong spray?

Thanks, this might seem like a non issue to some divers but I want to make sure that I clean the gear correctly.

---------- Post added August 4th, 2015 at 09:38 PM ----------

I just am not sure because I don't want to cause any damage to it. Thanks for the help

The easiest way to clean your reg is to make sure the cap is installed on the 1st stage and then just dunk it in fresh water. A sink full of water does nicely. Take all of 10 seconds.

Cover the 1st stage and you are fine.

I like to keep the first stage connected to a tank and pressurised to clean all around it with fresh water from a hose or shower head.

Once this is done disconnect and dry off the cap that covers the first stage connection before replacing it, then hang to dry.

I like to keep the first stage connected to a tank and pressurised to clean all around it with fresh water from a hose or shower head.

Once this is done disconnect and dry off the cap that covers the first stage connection before replacing it, then hang to dry.
I would like to do the same but sometimes it is impossible eg. on liveaboard where the equipment was being kept on the diving boat(eg. Maldives).

Bring a little waterproof bag, a ziplock will do, collect fresh water, dunk the second stage.

On my shore dives we used old laundry soap containers rinsed very well and filled them with water, then had water proof bags that we poured the water and rinsed our regs and cameras. I also soak mine in the sink at home after diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom