Washington Pacific Coast Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, with the exception of Neah Bay (which is where the coast meets Puget Sound), I don't know that anyone actually dives the coast ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

we are doing some hunting in neah bay. We have a Neah Bay charter scheduled with the Porthole Dive Boat scheduled for Sunday June 17th through June 19th. Six dives in Neah Bay over three days. Accommodations and Travel are covered. if you would like to join our charter email me at pbortel@pegasusllc.com

I havent heard of alot of people diving on the actual coast, I bet a boat is mandatory but there probobly is some great diving out there I would like to check it out for sure

JUMBO

Yeah....our coast is beautifull, but not too shore-diving friendly, I'm thinking. Lotsa pointy rocks and giant floaty-smashy logs.

Pug and I dove off of Tatoosh Island last September. We were at 70' in swim throughs where the surge was sucking/pushing us 5' in and out of these passages. It was fun. Loads of bass and sea life. It was well worth the dives.

Either charter or take your own boat out of Neah Bay.

If you have your own boat it's less of an issue. Look at the buoy reports as the week progresses. If the swell is smallish then go for it. Summer time is obviously the calmest time.

My uncle Steve has dove the coast for years.. Oregon coast that is. And he's been diving longer than I've been alive. He has the benefit of owning a zodiak.. which makes for an excellent dive boat. From what he tells me, diving off the Oregon coast is some of the best diving around, in cold watter that is. If the tide pools are that full of life, I can only imagine what Becon Rock looks like at 20-50ft. Next time I'm down to visit the family.. I'll be sure to head out with him, and post a review here.

Back
Top Bottom