Watch for DMP on National News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firebrand:
Married guys pretending to be single are pretty low themselves. I mean, if they're willing to cheat on/leave thier wife for you, they'll probably cheat on/leave you too!!!

Agreed, but trying to fake being a vet, well, thats unspeakable.

I agree. As an Army guy myself, I'd probably beat the living schtuff out of someone pretending to be a vet. Especially the one DMP encountered. I'd pull him off to the side, and say, "Thank you for serving our country, let me buy you a beer!" On the way there, I'd kick his silly little butt (insert other word if you wish) and leave him on the side of the road with the words "I'm NOT a Veteran!" written in permanent marker across his forehead! Either that, or get him drunk and take him to a tattoo parlor to have those words permenantly tattooed accross his chest (backwards so he can read it every time he looks in the mirror)!

Firebrand:
I agree. As an Army guy myself, I'd probably beat the living schtuff out of someone pretending to be a vet. Especially the one DMP encountered. I'd pull him off to the side, and say, "Thank you for serving our country, let me buy you a beer!" On the way there, I'd kick his silly little butt (insert other word if you wish) and leave him on the side of the road with the words "I'm NOT a Veteran!" written in permanent marker across his forehead! Either that, or get him drunk and take him to a tattoo parlor to have those words permenantly tattooed accross his chest (backwards so he can read it every time he looks in the mirror)!

I'd announce it at the reception...more damage that just one person could do...

As fitting or well deserved it would have been, I don't like the dry cleaning bill that would be incurred with that scenario. But, then again taking him to the local VFW and announcing it there would have been ideal.

DMP:
As fitting or well deserved it would have been, I don't like the dry cleaning bill that would be incurred with that scenario. But, then again taking him to the local VFW and announcing it there would have been ideal.

Haha, your correct. My father has this theory that the old guys should go over and fight instead of the young ones (I believe stemming from a email)...but the same would be applicable to this situation. I can't even imagine the damage done at the local VFW...Would almost make me feel bad for him...

philmottrek99and02:
What is the definition of a Vet?

You should know

Veteran

adj : rendered competent through trial and experience; "troops seasoned in combat"; "a seasoned traveler"; "veteran steadiness"; "a veteran officer" [syn: seasoned, veteran(a)] n 1: a serviceman who has seen considerable active service; "the veterans laughed at the new recruits" [syn: veteran soldier] 2: a person who has served in the armed forces [syn: vet, ex-serviceman] 3: an experienced person who has been through many battles; someone who has given long service [syn: old-timer, oldtimer, old hand, warhorse, old stager, stager]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

Vet:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom