Watch threads and notification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freewillow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
When I contribute on a post, I am automatically officially "watching" the threat. But I do not receive immediate emails when someone publishes on the same thread.

In order to do this, I need to go to threads tool/ Unwatch the thread/watch the thread and then unclick watching without getting email and click on receiving email.

Is there an easier way to do this? like in personnal preferences, specify that ANY of the threads that I am following are watched with an instantaneous email.

Hope I am clear :wink:

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure what you're wanting but do you have this checked in your profile?

Capture.JPG

It will trigger an alert in the top right corner of the menubar - not an e-mail. Clicking on it will alert you ONCE that there's been a response, then they vanish unless you click Alert and then Show All. I believe they're saved for a week?

Altough I suppose you can also alert yourself when you receive new e-mail - one of those would let you know there's been a response in the thread.

Also there's likely a delay in the mail queue until e-mails aggregate - there was on the old forum s/w.

IDK what it is though - probably @HowardE knows for sure.

Last edited:
all the alert, "send me an email " boxes are ticked in my personal profile. Thanks for your help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom