Water and Light by Stephen Harrigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koozemani

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Without giving anything away, this book summarizes the authors experiences on Grand Turk over a number of months. The imagery he weaves for the reader is spectacular, however he occasionally refers to some of his experiences as sexual fantasies. Apparently as a result of his Catholic upbringing (his description not mine).

Weird sexual comparisons aside, this was an excellent read and has left me yearning to go diving. Unfortunately, I have to wait a couple of months for that.

I read Water and Light many years ago before my first dives in the Florida Keys. A great book. Its siting on my shelf. I don't recall the "wierd sexual comparisons, but it has been a long time since I read it. By the way, I consider Harrigan's book, Jacob's Well, to be one of the finest novels about scuba diving ever written. I just wish he wrote more like these two books.

There were only a couple, but unmistakeable.

I read Water and Light many years ago before my first dives in the Florida Keys. A great book. Its siting on my shelf. I don't recall the "wierd sexual comparisons, but it has been a long time since I read it. By the way, I consider Harrigan's book, Jacob's Well, to be one of the finest novels about scuba diving ever written. I just wish he wrote more like these two books.

I'll have to look up jacob's well.

Back
Top Bottom