Water in BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i always flush my bladder with fresh water after every dive. i force water in from the inflator hose, then drain it. this is done weekly.

no one else flushes their BCD after use?

I rinse mine after ever dive, whether diving in fresh or salt water. My LDS always comments on how clean the bladder is when it goes in for service.

I empty out my BC after every dive on the boat by pulling the rear dump while I'm gettting out of my rig. This is an automatic function for me, regardless of the importance of water in my BC.

I do the same thing. BC gets inflated at the surface and emptied via rear dump valve as I get on the boat. Not while I'm climbing the ladder of course, but once aboard and sure that I'm not about to tumble back in the sea.

Water gets into the BC if you keep the purge valve open after the bladder is empty and you're underwater. You may be slightly underweighted. In any case it should not be significant and I would not do anything about it while diving.

Back
Top Bottom