Water photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustinW

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure this really counts as marine art as its not salt water, and the pictures weren't taken underwater. However, I really enjoy taking pictures of water. So here are some I took on a recent trip to southeast Alaska, POW Is.

P1010118.jpg

P1010121.jpg

P1010117.jpg

P1010123.jpg

P1010130.jpg

or the whole album is posted here: http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h19/justinwestervelt/
Just a point and shoot oly that i got at best buy the night before i left.

Very pretty pictures....could you resize them, a bit smaller so that they can be viewed without scolling?

Good pics, good background... I would try to let the camera open for a longer period of time to get more of the "smoky water" effect. Use a sturdy tripod.

Thanks. Its not an SLR, all automatic so i was playing with exposure settings and lighting at the particular light of day. Ideally I would bring it down to a really small f-stop and increase the exposure. The digital SLR will be in the picture eventually. Didn't have a tripod at the moment either so it was just set on rocks and delayed shutter. With a manual f-stop i would have more control of my depth of field too. New camera, just learning the ropes on it.

I think they are very nice. Excellent color and depth of field. Good job catching the movement of the water.

Back
Top Bottom