Water temps in early-mid August?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sanaeo

Registered
Reaction score
:bfish:

Hi!

Does anyone have any idea what the water temp is in South West Dominica during early to mid August?

I know it's 'hurricane' season there, and not the prime time to visit, but we will have to make do :)

What do you suggest, a 3mm suit?

Thanks so much!!!

Happy dives to you!

Surface temp should be around 83, so a 3mm would be more than enough depending on how much water time you get. I wore a 3mm shorty last year and needed just a little more after a few days. Going to take my 3mm full this year.

62 days and counting... The Caribbean is calling me. :icosm07:

Sanaeo:
:bfish:

Hi!

Does anyone have any idea what the water temp is in South West Dominica during early to mid August?

I know it's 'hurricane' season there, and not the prime time to visit, but we will have to make do :)

What do you suggest, a 3mm suit?

Thanks so much!!!

Happy dives to you!

Thanks Hogson!

Lucky You!!! I have to wait 109 more days before having a chance to visit the sea life in Dominica. This will be our first dive there...I'll be looking for your report in early July '04 :)

How is the weather there during that time of year? Does it rain most every day? I sure hope we don't run into a hurricaine!!!

:fish: :turtle:

------

hodgson:
Surface temp should be around 83, so a 3mm would be more than enough depending on how much water time you get. I wore a 3mm shorty last year and needed just a little more after a few days. Going to take my 3mm full this year.

62 days and counting... The Caribbean is calling me. :icosm07:

Back
Top Bottom