Waterlung regulator ID question: Information please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed Palma

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently got a batch of regs and one of them was this balanced flow through reg:

p1030004d.jpg

The knob says Sportsways Waterlung, but in my literary search, I the only reference I could find to a balanced flow through LP port reg by Waterlung was the X2-1200 from 1982. I wanted to confirm if this was that reg and if anyone had any more info regarding it. In a side-by-side with a mk5, the piston dimensions are similar, but then other components aren't a fit, so it isn't an exact clone.

The batch of regs came with this 2nd stage, and this is what's got me stumped.

p1020998a.jpg

From the outside, the label-less reg looks like another typical plastic-fantastic, but upon opening it up, I came across an unusual (to me at least) configuration for a down-stream 2nd in that the lever originates from the left side of the reg.

p1030006v.jpg

The air barrel can be broken down into 2 parts:

p1030007k.jpg

Interesting config because this means that the poppet separates from the orifice right below the mouthpiece.

So my questions are:

1. Is the 1st stage a WL X2-1200
2. Any additional info about the 1st?
3. Is the 2nd stage a Waterlung 2nd stage?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom