Watermark in PS Elements 2.0??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OCdiving Deb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Help please!

I am trying to figure out how to create a watermark image - probably in Photoshop Elements 2.0 - and then save it as a file to upload into my Gallery2 album.

I tried one earlier by creating a new file with a transparent something or other (background?) and then typed the text I wanted. When I saved it and uploaded it onto G2, it almost completely blocked out the actual photo with a big white rectangle.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

This is just a very simple way and will permanately mark your photos. Save them as a different file (ex. original is fish.jpg = new photo save as watfish.jpg) by putting "wat" at the beginning, you can find all of your watermarked photos easily.

Hold the mouse button down on the type tool so you can select the "Horizontal Type Mask Tool". Then type whatever you want your watermark to be. Now this tye section can be manipulated. Then i would suggest going to Enhance>Adjust Brightness/Contrast>Brightness/Contrast... Now adjust the brightness to negative 10. This will give your selection a slightly darker tint, and will make your watermark barely appear but will leave the photo there. You can do multiple watermarks at once by typing the first one, then holding the shift button, click where you want the next watermark, type, repeat (so i used 4 watermarks in this one). Here is a sample for you:

watermark_test.jpg

kelphelper:

I am trying to figure out how to create a watermark image - probably in Photoshop Elements 2.0 - and then save it as a file to upload into my Gallery2 album.

I tried one earlier by creating a new file with a transparent something or other (background?) and then typed the text I wanted. When I saved it and uploaded it onto G2, it almost completely blocked out the actual photo with a big white rectangle.

Whoops. I should have been more clear. I don't want to place the watermark on a photo image while still in Elements (at least I don't think I do.)

I DO want to create a watermark file that I can upload onto Gallery2 because I installed the watermark module there. In G2, when uploading images, I can choose which watermark image that I've created to add to those uploaded files. I just don't know how to create the watermark image...yet!

justin-branam: Your technique looks really cool too! I'll have to try that also!

aaahh. I see now. As far as i can tell, i dont think gallery supports layers. Therefore, im not sure how to get a watermark image there. I ran back and forth trying to do the same on my site, and i finally gave up. You may want to check out the gallery help forums at http://gallery.menalto.com/forum as you may have better luck there. Im just not sure even what type of file the watermark should be when you upload it. All i know is the only time i tried it on one of my galleries, i had almost the same problem you did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom