Waterproof Draco Drysuit - Additional Weight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rdoebler

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight on the amount of additional weight that would be necessary for a 3.5mm high density neoprene drysuit (specifically the Draco) compared to a wetsuit?

I currently dive a 3mm wetsuit with 10-12 lbs or a 7mm semi-dry with 18-20 lbs. I have a small frame and the 20 lbs of lead is a lot for me.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Not sure if you ever got an answer to this, but I'm about 125 lbs and wear ~12 -14 lbs with an HP steel tank in my 7mm wetsuit. I dove the Draco and had to go up ~7 lbs. My friend with the same suit goes up about the same; 5 lbs + 2x 1lb ankle weights.

Hope that helps,
C

My missus has a bare 5mm wetsuit for warm climates and a Draco for cold. She normally drops 4kgs for the wetsuit.

I currently dive the DRACO women's dry suit (crushed neoprene), and I dive with 10-14 pounds and a halcyon dive back plate and steel tank.

I currently dive the DRACO women's dry suit (crushed neoprene), and I dive with 10-14 pounds and a halcyon dive back plate and steel tank.
Saw your post on this older thread and wondered if there is any chance you can advise on size. Am "looking" at buying a size S suit long distance without opportunity to try one on locally. Have looked at the size charts- am close to top end on couple of dimensions. In clothes am size 6 and sometimes 4, 5'5" and 125 lbs. I do tend to be cold so want room for my toasty undergarments.

THANKS

Back
Top Bottom