Watershot / Stryker Lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Josh - thanks for the comments. What do you use the neoprene cover for? (protection during travel?). Also, all 2012 kits now come standard with a plug for the light head and battery.

....anyone who has purchased a 2010/2011 Watershot light kit and wants a set of plugs, we do sell them now as an accessory (we will be adding them to the website soon). E-Mail us (info@watershot.com) for details....and if you own a Watershot kit and ask "real nice" :).....maybe we will send you some plugs for free!

I got mine in yesterday and it's awesome. Haven't taken it on a dive yet but it lights up the entire house at night, construction is also top notch. The only two things I wish they offered as accessories was a neoprene cover for the light head/wrist mount and some extra alumnium plugs to cover the light and battery ports when they aren't connected to the cable.

If these things perform as well as they look I've found then Watershot has made a believer out of me.

On a side note as much as I love the light so far I don't think I'm going to need two, so if anyone else is interested in a brand new never used 10w system with 12" coiled cord for $450 let me know.

Yeah I keep my Srtykr in a Pelican hard case when in the car but once at the dive site I normally assemble some gear and the rest gets thrown into the stahl sack. I use the cover to protet the lens of the dive light. The rest of the system appears to be built like a tank so I'm not to worried about the cable or battery. Even the light head is obviously built well but I just like to protect those types of surfaces. I also use a zip up beer koozie to protect my cobalt computer.

Most of the divers I know that use canister lights have some sort of cover for their light head. If you guys ever made a small one that fit snugly on the end of the light head regardless of whether it was mounted to the wrist, head, or torch assembly, I would definitely purchase it. Something that just covers the lens and stretches far enough to go around the unscrewable part of the light head.

Yeah I keep my Srtykr in a Pelican hard case when in the car but once at the dive site I normally assemble some gear and the rest gets thrown into the stahl sack. I use the cover to protet the lens of the dive light. The rest of the system appears to be built like a tank so I'm not to worried about the cable or battery. Even the light head is obviously built well but I just like to protect those types of surfaces. I also use a zip up beer koozie to protect my cobalt computer.

Most of the divers I know that use canister lights have some sort of cover for their light head. If you guys ever made a small one that fit snugly on the end of the light head regardless of whether it was mounted to the wrist, head, or torch assembly, I would definitely purchase it. Something that just covers the lens and stretches far enough to go around the unscrewable part of the light head.

Josh - thanks for the detailed info. The lights are robust, but i agree that if anywhere needs protection it is the lens. We will work on making a cap/cover for the light head lens....keep an eye out for when it is available. thanks!

We have had these since July, and have dived them on about 20 dives including 4 night dives (2 of them deep wreck night dives). Their construction seems bulletproof and we have not had any issues at all.

I cannot say enough good things about these lights. I purchased two at their last 2-for-1 sale, with the regular head and the big 100 meter battery pack (6 hours on full). I would say their brightness is equal to any 10 watt can light that I have seen. They are PLENTY bright for night diving and are useful even during the day for lighting up details, looking under ledges, and into wrecks. The quality is absolutely bulletproof and they have several features that really sets them above other can lights:

They have the on/off and power level switch on the light head. This is a HUGE convenience with no fumbling for a switch you cannot see on the can, and multiple power settings that can get you up to 10 hours or more on the low setting.

The switch is surrounded by a color LED that shows you the battery level (green-blue-yellow-red) so you have good warning about power levels.

They offer a coil cord. You should absolutely choose that option as it eliminates dealing with slack or loose cables.

The light head is so small you barely know you have it on your hand. The soft hand mount is excellent and gives full "hands free" operation and, for me, is better than a standard hard goodman handle.

The battery is so compact you barely know you have it on your belt.

The most that I can say is that my wife and I take these on every single dive, day or night. They are that unobtrusive, and that good.

My wife hated the idea of a can light with a cord. After her first dive, she has never taken it off her belt.

This not a light just for tech divers. This is a light any diver will really enjoy. Not having to hold the light in your hand really has to be experienced.

I spent my hard-earned $$$ on these, which was more than my wife wanted and she was not happy, until she used it.

These are worth the retail and are absolutely a steal at the two for one price.

I almost forgot, the customer service is second to none. They even took and sent me beamshots, and responded immediately to every question I had.​

Hmmm...anyone in Florida interested in joining me in a purchase? :)

Watershot sale, on remaining inventory of 2011 lights, is extended until Jan 15th, 2012!

2011 Gear of the Year Sale.jpg

Back
Top Bottom