Watson Murder Case - Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After spending more than an hour trying to draft a response that did not violate the TOS, I've decided not to dignify this with any further of a response than this.

You say it so well with so few words.. one day I wanna be able to do that!:worship:

looks like they were in court today.

Ala. man pleads not guilty in bride's diving death
Byt BOB JOHNSON
The Associated Press
Monday, January 31, 2011; 11:09 AM

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- An Alabama man accused of killing his wife during a honeymoon diving trip in Australia says he's innocent of the charge.

Gabe Watson entered the not guilty plea during a brief hearing in Birmingham on Monday.

Circuit Judge Tommy Nail set Watson's trial for May 23. Watson is free on bond until then.

The 33-year-old Watson served 18 months in an Australian jail after pleading guilty to manslaughter in the death of his wife of 11 days, Tina Watson. Alabama authorities charged Watson with capital murder, arguing he planned her death and sought insurance proceeds in his home state.

The defense says Tina Watson's death in 2003 was a tragic accident, and that Australian authorities botched the investigation.

looks like they were in court today.

Ala. man pleads not guilty in bride's diving death
Byt BOB JOHNSON
The Associated Press
Monday, January 31, 2011; 11:09 AM

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- An Alabama man accused of killing his wife during a honeymoon diving trip in Australia says he's innocent of the charge.

Gabe Watson entered the not guilty plea during a brief hearing in Birmingham on Monday.

Circuit Judge Tommy Nail set Watson's trial for May 23. Watson is free on bond until then.

The 33-year-old Watson served 18 months in an Australian jail after pleading guilty to manslaughter in the death of his wife of 11 days, Tina Watson. Alabama authorities charged Watson with capital murder, arguing he planned her death and sought insurance proceeds in his home state.

The defense says Tina Watson's death in 2003 was a tragic accident, and that Australian authorities botched the investigation.

It will be interesting to see what the result of this will be.

What evidence from Queensland will be made available and will be able to be admitted. It will be interesting to see the interaction between the completed plea and this case.

I can think of several reasons why the Commonwealth may have accepted the plea, but I can see why the family does not feel happy about the the resulting sentence, given the facts as they have been reported.

Will be watching the US case with interest.

I have only read the 1st & last pages of this story and can't help to wonder what on earth this bride of only 11 days could have done to this man to irritate him in such a way that he killed her so cold bloodedly and deliberately ? We currently have a case in SA where an Indian person apparently had his wife of 1 week killed here while being on their honeymoon. They are from the UK - she was a beautiful girl - how can it possibly go wrong that quickly ?

Amazing that the diver admitted eventually that he had done it ....He married again - does the new wife know about all this baggage and still married him ? People never cease to amaze me sometimes...

In the Watson case he has always claimed not guilty to murder, There was a plea bargain in Australia and his guilt for murder is yet to be proven in a court of law altho the court of the media is another issue all together!

It will be interesting to see what the result of this will be.

What evidence from Queensland will be made available and will be able to be admitted. It will be interesting to see the interaction between the completed plea and this case.

I can think of several reasons why the Commonwealth may have accepted the plea, but I can see why the family does not feel happy about the the resulting sentence, given the facts as they have been reported.

Will be watching the US case with interest.

Yes it has been/will be an interesting case to follow. I must say I am not confident of the facts as reported:shocked2: The media are more interested in spinning a good story than being restricted to reality:shakehead:

Blake,

There is a discussion in the Scuba Related course Cases section for this.

Should be interesting to see what happens.

Here's the link. Might be easier if we confine recent discussion to the new thread.
(instead of having to follow two threads and have duplicate posts).

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Threads merged.
Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom