We did it!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FROM GDI???!!!!!! :11:
Cool :D
(just kidding Rick , just kidding :rofl3: )

HEY , CONGRATS !!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Da Beano

thats right Beano GDI

congrats Lynn

Way to gooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, how far you have come. You amaze me.

Oh, the caves in Florida and the ones in Mexico are quite different. (And please note, these comments are for cave at the Cave 1 level, because that's all I've seen.) For one thing, there is very little flow in most of the Mexican caves. For another, many are quite shallow -- I don't think we got any deeper than about 55 feet in the whole two weeks, and Nohoch runs about 15 to 20, at least at Cave 1 limits. In addition, at least the caves in Florida that I have dived have pretty defined passages -- I mean, you're pretty aware you're in a tube of some sort. In Mexico, you're often in a VERY wide space with a LOT of nooks and crannies, with a lot of speleothems . . . If you got off the line, it would be VERY easy to get and remain lost. Similarly, the caves in Mexico have very complex navigation, with a lot of reach gaps (some of which are literally inches), and they don't have the nice markers indicating how far in the cave you are.

Florida caves are amazing for the size and the sculpting of the rock (thinking of the Ginnie Ballroom, and the huge slabs of limestone in Jackson Blue, for example). Mexican caves can be like that, but can also be heavily decorated with very delicate speleothems, like Nohoch or Dos Palmas. Diving in those caves is really an exercise in finesse, whereas getting into high flow caves is up close and personal and very physical.

They're different, but they're both fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom