Wear and Tear (sic)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4sak3n

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
20062008006yp3.jpg

20062008007xs6.jpg

:(

The bottom one is also starting to develop a crack. I guess I was a bit too forceful with them.

When the bottom one goes, will the tank be enough to hold the wing in place? I know it will be harder to mount the tank with nothing holding the wing to the plate but once that is done, will the wing be secure?

The bottom one is also starting to develop a crack. I guess I was a bit too forceful with them.

When the bottom one goes, will the tank be enough to hold the wing in place? I know it will be harder to mount the tank with nothing holding the wing to the plate but once that is done, will the wing be secure?

The rubber wing locators are easily replaced. PM me your address and I'll mail you a pair.

We do not recommend bolting your wing to your plate.

Keep in mind that these locators are only a convenience item, they are not required to use the wing. They only make alignment of the wing and plate easier, they do not retain the wing in use. The cambands and tank retain the wing.

Take a look at this video for some tips on how to use the locators.

https://www.deepseasupply.com/templates/mountwing.html

Tobin

Thanks for the offer Tobin but I live overseas in South Africa. Might be a bit of an expensive pair of locators.

I have watched the video and use the recommended locator technique. :D But I only watched it after my first 10 or 20 dives with the rig and I guess my rough handling on those first ones was enough to get the tear started.

Still, all is not lost if they are just a convenience.

Thanks so much Tobin. :14:

P.S. Post number 100 ... wheeeeeeee! I did this post naked. Want me to post pictures like I did with my 100th dive? :blinking:

Thanks for the offer Tobin but I live overseas in South Africa. Might be a bit of an expensive pair of locators.

The parts are small and light weight. Regular mail is not to expensive. I can stick a pair in an envelope. PM me your address.

Tobin

:thumbs_up:

Another beautiful example of DSS customer service at work! You rock, Tobin.

Back
Top Bottom