Wearing Shorty over full suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The gloves.. don't forget the gloves. I was diving last weekend at Dutch Springs in PA. Water temp was in the 40"s. My body was fine in a 7mil, but my hands were real cold. I only had 3mil gloves. I going to get some good gloves this weekend. So my 2 cents.. dont forget the gloves. :)

av8er23:
I am refering to the rock quarry nearby. It is pretty chilly at depth. I wore just my 3 mm last year and was sort of cold but I do not remember it being 54 it was more like the hight 50's to low 60's. I do have a full hood and it helps lots.

yup - that's the one - in Pelham, Bluewater quarry. Of course it was below freezing on land that day... and I only recorded the temp at depth... don't remember what it was shallower (probably upper 50's that day)

I had a blast watching the catfish under the platform... talk about great bouyancy control :wink: I'd love to dive there again one day.

Aloha, Tim

In cold water I wear a 6.5 farmer john and a 3-4-5 hooded vest under it. Thats good for me to about 45 and I'm pretty cold blooded. Can't afford and don't have a dry suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom