Wed Feb 6th-Night Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Date: 2/6/08
Place: Corral Beach (across from Beau Rivage Rest.)
Time: 7pm
Viz: 5' down to 0 at some points
Conditions: Calm & Flat, slight surge
Bottom Time: 45min
Max. Depth: 21'
Buddies: Zach

Beautiful evening and on the surface as Rick, Zach and I looked at the sight we thought how great it was going to be. However, as soon as we started in it turned ugly-- Rick, our fearless leader, caught a wave as he was pulling on his fin and lost a fin! It turns out not all fins float and the water was pretty murky. A few minutes of looking and he was out, leaving Zach & I to dive a new site on our own. We swam out 50 yards or so & dropped down to 12'. Viz was about 5' and I immediately saw a lobster walking around. I pinned him, but he was a shortie so I let him go. Little did I know that was the last of the bugs I would grab. Heading further our we hit sand and viz shrunk to zip. Not knowing how long this would last we circled around and stayed in the rock area. Zach handed me a shortie he grabbed & I measured him & let him go. A little while later I heard him yell something, but when I looked over I couldn't tell what all the commotion was. Later he told me he grabbed a nice sized legal, but in reaching for me the lobster was able to get away! Not a lot of life in the inner reef, so we decided to head out a little across the sand and see if we hit the outer reef-- we did, but not much going on there-- some crabs and rockfish; Zach saw a guitarfish. We got separated and I headed in, leaving Zach waiting for me on the surface, like a good dive buddy (sorry Zach, I suck). Terrible viz, hopefully next time we'll have a little better conditions and no one will have to make an offering to Neptune....

Wow, I read Zachs report too (seems to be several threads for this dive). Thanks guys...

This isn't one of the dives I wish I had gone on.

Leo has been giving Neptune a lot of offerings lately. :11:

Sorry to hear that rick lost a fin. i guess i did not miss much on this dive. i'm glad i had a reason to stay home as much as i did not want to study. Hopfuly the dives will get better in a week or two :) And i hope that that leo quits giving offers to Neptune. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom