Wed. Photo...a day late and and more than a dollar short!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Groundhog246 once bubbled...

The info is much appreciated. Digital cameras continue to make gains in quality. Hmmmm. How do I justify the need for a new camera to my wife?

You could always buy the camera for her as a gift (or a gift for the both of you), and then about three weeks later pick up the housing because you "think it might be fun!" :wink:

Or, in a more devious fashion, you could wait until you can use it as a counter-attack! My housing-purchase story goes something like this:

Ali: "Matt, I know that the wedding ring is a little more than we were planning to spend. Are you okay with it?" [we had it custom-made, and it's completely amazing]

Matt: "Sure, absolutely, it's fine with me. Really. As long as you're okay with the fact that I just bought an underwater housing for our digital camera." :D

Matt

Thanks RickG!

It's not easy taking pictures when the water is 45 degrees and the viz is around 20', but I was happy with the results on this one. What you don't see is that Jeff was almost out of air when he posed for the shot! :D

Boydski

boydski,

I was at Sunrise last Saturday (the 30th) and took this picture:
wolfa2.jpg

Look familiar? What boat were you on?

rickg once bubbled...
Are you sure this is in water and not staged in air? :) The clarity is amazing.

Rickg

Sort of looks like it, huh? That's one thig I like about close-up photography...the vis that day wasn't very good but when you get close, there's not enough water between you and the subject to tell!

crab once bubbled...
boydski,

I was at Sunrise last Saturday (the 30th) and took this picture:
Look familiar? What boat were you on?

Hi Crab,

That's pretty funny. I was on the Sampan with a group from NorthWest Diver. Jeff, the "model" in the first picture, is the owner on Northwest Diver. That has to be the same, very mellow Wolfie that is in your picture.

Here's another picture with just the Wolf Eel, but posted on another site, so I'm not entirely sure this will work:

111jeffswolfeel.jpg

He sat out like that our entire dive. Where did you guys go for your second dive? We did the Narrows, and it was a rush. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at about 3 knots.

Boydski

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom