Wed/Thur Night Beach Dive at LBTS or Pompano Dropoff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for this information Soamelt... good to know. I'd like to try the drop off at some point when the conditions are good for it. It sounds like the drop off may be a better daytime dive generally.

If people are still planning on diving tonight, I'd love to join in. Any location is good with me.. and I could use the exercise as well ... so swimming is not a problem. Would we be meeting at 7:30 at the 8th Street location (as posted by ctx120 in post #21)? Thanks!
Beth

we still on for this evening

Thanks for this information Soamelt... good to know. I'd like to try the drop off at some point when the conditions are good for it.

it looks like that may be tonight. Looking at the webcam, it's as flat as can be right now and will hopefully stay that way.

AMZ651-671-010230-
COASTAL WATERS FROM DEERFIELD BEACH TO OCEAN REEF, FL OUT 20 NM-
WATERS FROM DEERFIELD BEACH TO OCEAN REEF, FL EXTENDING FROM 20 NM
TO THE TERRITORIAL WATERS OF THE BAHAMAS-
242 PM EDT WED SEP 30 2009

.TONIGHT...NORTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS NEAR SHORE
AND UP TO 2 TO 4 FEET IN THE GULF STREAM. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A
LIGHT CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

it looks like that may be tonight. Looking at the webcam, it's as flat as can be right now and will hopefully stay that way.

AMZ651-671-010230-
COASTAL WATERS FROM DEERFIELD BEACH TO OCEAN REEF, FL OUT 20 NM-
WATERS FROM DEERFIELD BEACH TO OCEAN REEF, FL EXTENDING FROM 20 NM
TO THE TERRITORIAL WATERS OF THE BAHAMAS-
242 PM EDT WED SEP 30 2009

.TONIGHT...NORTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS NEAR SHORE
AND UP TO 2 TO 4 FEET IN THE GULF STREAM. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A
LIGHT CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

Excellent... I'm coming ready to do some swimming then! Also, hope you don't mind, but I'm sending you and CTX120 a PM with my cell # - just in case. Thanks and see you at 7:30.
Beth

The dive was great the vis was top to bottom .No waves and a slight north current Couldn't ask for better conditions for a night dive :wink:

Thanks for rubbing it in!!! Want to go out tonight as well? Did you make it out to the buoys?

Glad you had a good dive. Didn't end up getting home from work til 11:15. Would have rather gotten wet.

Thanks for rubbing it in!!! Want to go out tonight as well? Did you make it out to the buoys?

We did make it out to the balls. It was a nice dive, saw three spiny's and a bunch of spotted lobster. Unfortunately I sucked lobstering last night, but I did find a pretty nice fishing pole that was hooked on some rocks on the way in. It looks brand new.

I'm not sure if that's a sign that I should try something other than lobstering.

We did make it out to the balls. It was a nice dive, saw three spiny's and a bunch of spotted lobster. Unfortunately I sucked lobstering last night, but I did find a pretty nice fishing pole that was hooked on some rocks on the way in. It looks brand new.

I'm not sure if that's a sign that I should try something other than lobstering.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
------------------------
but u make a great tour guide for night diving :lotsalove:

LOL!! that is funny. I'm jealoussss sounds like a good night. :eyebrow: Glad you guys had a good time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom