Week of caverns March - April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepn0va

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Work has been getting a little much for me latley, So I am looking into taking a week off to go diving up in north florida. I am only cavern trained but know there is much for me to do above. I was looking to stay at dive shops, or other divers places (some in the alachua area rent out spare rooms), or camp. does anybody have reccomendations, or would want to join me diving the caverns of north florida?

Dive Outpost, next to Peacock Springs State Park has a bunk house where you can stay and PSSP has a couple of nice cavern dives. It's also near Little River and Royal Springs. You can also camp at River Rendezvos/Convict Spring which is in the area. Manatee Springs State Park has a couple of dives and a campground. You can camp at Devil's Den and dive there and at Blue Grotto and drive to or camp at Ginnie Springs.

Have Fun!

Further west, in the panhandle, you can camp and dive at Vortex Springs and dive Morrison(should be open shortly) in the same area. Cave Adventurers in Marianna is on the Mill Pond which offers fills for close dives like Jackson Blue and rental pontoon boats to dive caverns like Shangri La, Twin Caves, and Hole in the Wall. Cave Adventurers has a trailer they rent out and there are campsites at Caverns State Park, which is also in Marianna.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom