Weekend dives Sept 13-14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ok who is diving and where? Looks like a great weekend coming up!

I am looking for buddies to join me for the elusive rocks at John LLoyd. Not many people know of them, (well now the whole world knows!), I have directions to find them, any body up for the adventure?

Meet Sat morning 8-8:30 at the third parking lot at the park. Accross from the Educational building.

Hey I have two tanks ready if I can join you tomorrow :)
The wife and kiddies want to take me to the beach so I can blow some bubbles. We have been working on the house for the past 3 weekends so I'm long overdue. I haven't been to that park but I'm guessing it's ok for beach swimming for the kids. I'll need directions and info on the parking there (quarters?)
Let me know

Thanks,
Juan

We will be at Hollywood Beach!
DennisS and I are meeting at 8am. South end of parkinglot next to Johnson st. I think you turn at Michigan... I can only do one dive..
We will be doing the rockpile and the yellow brick road, site of the next Dive party!
See ya then!

The reef is covered with course sediment and there are a lot (LOT) of organic floaters in the water... not camera weather to be sure. Visibility is about 15'+/-. No significant current but the surge is moderate. Whitecaps are just beginning to form at 5:50pm but it's been fairly calm in the mornings. The water is about 84 on top and about 81 at 20' or so.

I suggest diving before noon here, and don't bother night diving - divers the last three nights have come up shaking their heads.

It might be a good weekend to do a deep boat dive, though!

You joining us birthday boy? Hollywood beach 8am? C'mon ole buddy, its been so long since we dove together, especially since you got your new buddy- the yak!

OK so let me see if I have this right as far as directions go, I95 N (coming from Miami) to Sheridan then east to Ocean then south to Michigan and south end of the parling lot. Is it 4 quarters for an hour there also?

I hope you all have a great dive weekend - I should be over there on your coast- but the gods conspire to keep me dry.

My brother came home from his AIT training out at Ft. Sam Houston and he asked me if I would take him to Venice Beach on Saturday. So him and I will be looking for shark's teeth. Does any one know if the weather and surf are calm out there?

freedive once bubbled...
OK so let me see if I have this right as far as directions go, I95 N (coming from Miami) to Sheridan then east to Ocean then south to Michigan and south end of the parling lot. Is it 4 quarters for an hour there also?
This way is shorter, you don't have to go north then double back south.

Take I 95 North to Hollywood Blvd. East, across the intracoastal to A1A. NOrth to Indiania. East to Surf rd. Left on Surf Rd to Parking lot. You will end up at the south end of the lot. I will try to get one of those first couple parking spaces cause I don't like to carry my gear any further than I have to! bring quarters, The big lot takes dollars in the machine.
yes it is a dollar/hour.

Thanks, we plan on leaving by 7am so we should be there by 8am. In case of anything my cell is 305 926-2366.
By the way, I saw on the news tonight a swimmer at Lauderdale by the Sea got himself into some real bit of trouble due to the currents.
See ya in the am

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom