weight belt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Forgive me if I misunderstood your post, but what is more economical then a section of 2 inch webbing and a buckle? Were you asking about a weight/ trim harness or a belt with compartments for the weights?

maybe talking about the weights themselves? I dunno.

Not sure, just the simplest way to weigh myself down, something that I can either ad or subtract from.

2" webbing and triglides from GIFFMANN and a blemished Halcion buckle from seatasea.com for $6. Doesn't get any cheaper than that.

Flatliner
aka Robert

DrQuest:
Not sure, just the simplest way to weigh myself down, something that I can either ad or subtract from.

Go out behind the Faircrest plant and fill old tube socks from the slag pile. Then scrounge up some old rope, and fashion a harness from the rope. finally tie the tube socks filled with slag from the harness.

DrQuest:
Any advice on making an economical weight belt?

Honestly, you can purchase a weight belt so cheap that it's somewhat pointless to make one.

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/AQUW...l&AdvSrchSortField=Relevance&SortDesc=0&Hit=1

But if you want something different like a depth compensating buckle, or super heavy webbing, 3~4 of webbing, add buckle, DONE! :D

I've found that webbing is EXPENSIVE and difficult to find locally, so plan on ordering this unless you already have a local source.

OTOH, I find diving with solid lead to be uncomfortable vs. soft weight. I got me one of them there XS belts with pouches. Works great, but it will cost you $30. In the scheme of things the amount I spent on that belt is not even equal to the taxes or shipping I've paid on some equipment, so....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom