"Weight" for it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miked

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi to all,
My rig : Oly 5050, PT-015 housing,Fisheye tray/arm,S&S YS90DX strobe.

My question: do I need to attach the (red) weight, to give the rig the "slight negative" buoyancy that I like ?

On my old rig (4040,PT-010,fisheye tray/arm, same strobe), I needed the weight. As I won't be getting the new one wet until April, I thought I'd "ask the experts"
Thanks in advance,
Mike

Without anything but the housing and camera, I need the weight to keep the camera slightly negative, but depending on the bouyancy of your tray and strobe setup, you might not. Just give it a try first in a pool.

Mike, I have the exact same rig but I can't help you much because I haven't gotten it wet with the strobe. Going from my experience with the old 4040,PT-010,fisheye tray/arm, same strobe (are we related?) I'm sure I'll still need at least some weight. I like my rig to be just slightly negative, too. I'll be in the pool with it in the next few weeks getting ready for our April trip, I'll let ya know how it goes.

miked:
Hi to all,
My rig : Oly 5050, PT-015 housing,Fisheye tray/arm,S&S YS90DX strobe.

My question: do I need to attach the (red) weight, to give the rig the "slight negative" buoyancy that I like ?

On my old rig (4040,PT-010,fisheye tray/arm, same strobe), I needed the weight. As I won't be getting the new one wet until April, I thought I'd "ask the experts"
Thanks in advance,
Mike

I just got back from my first trip with a very similiar rig: 5050, PT-015, Fisheye tray, handle, ULCS Arms, Inon D180. No weight and its neg. Its not sink-like-a-rock neg - it is in my opinion easy-to-handle-neg.

No weight required, unless the S&S is more floaty than the Inon.

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom