Weight Pockets on Scubapro Litehawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the advice for not adding the weight pouch that I posted earlier, as it adds to complexity and making it slower to dump weights. Definitely safety is important and I don’t want to jeopardize that.

As for the HOG pockets, as I’m in Indonesia, I don’t think I can find it here.

So perhaps back to the basics of the options:
1) invert the side pockets upside down, put the weights bare inside, and use the clip as quick release to dump the weights down. I imagine it’s no different than other weight pockets that have hole in the bottom anyway, right?
2) use weight belts? though I’m still wondering in terms of trim, would weight belts actually better than weight pockets? (since we can more easily/flexibly adjust the position of the weights if on the belt)
Find out how much weight you need and best trim. You might only need the rear trim pockets or very little up front. The XS pockets I showed hold up to 5lbs and quick release, plus very inexpensive. My dive buddy just uses the stock pockets for weights and doesn’t invert them. I am sure you will figure it out after a couple of dives.

I also use the pockets that came stock, and not inverted. Works fine for me. Keep in mind that this means no “quick dump” weights, and make sure that works for you too. Happy diving!!

Scubapro part number 23.803.000. Hard to find, but they exist. I have them and use them on my LiteHawk when I need more weight than I can get in the standard pockets. If I do not need the extra lead, I much prefer the original pockets, flipped upside down for easy ditching

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom