Weight pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garrobo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know where I can find some weight pockets large enough to hold three or four pound weithts with Velcro flaps (lids) which can be attached permanently to a backplate with pop rivets or tie wraps?

I've only seen the "tubes" that you can fill with shot and attach to a plate. (Oxychec I think) There used to be pre-filled jobbies (I think Dive Rite had them) that you could attach, but they are apparently discontinued....I have pockets attached to my cam straps, and will wonder what I'll do if/when I switch over to doubles?!?! (since there will be no need for a cam strap.)

Hope you find them, I'd be interested as well!

I saw that Dive Rite had them at our world underwater. If you need someone to talk to let me know I have a business card for one of their reps.

I take it that you are using a single tank. Why not use these?
12.321.005-4.jpg

Halcyon Trim Weight Pockets, The SCUBA Connection 888-SCUBA-47 12.320.005 *Buy Halcyon at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

They attach to the cam straps!
I've even seen divers put on waist as well.
A little bit more money but the other ones on the market are Velcro Only and I seen divers lose wght because of Velcro Only design
- Set of 2
- Designed for 2" webbing
- Holds 5lbs Wght
- Small & Compact
- Velcro & Clip Closure

This is a good economical choice & I am an XS Scuba Dealer, however if you read my previous post, the problem you have with these is weight slipping out do to the "Velcro Only" design. Why take on that possible risk if you can prevent it from ever happening, right from the start?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom