Weighting for warm water drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

industrious95

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
When I dive in the Northeast, I usually put 24 lbs on my weight harness with my trilam drysuit and DUI 300 fleece undergarments.

Heading down south for some diving and planning on wearing thin "thermal" underwear. (70 degree water). Anyone have any idea how much less weight I can get away with?

Thanks

I use 31 lbs in Puget Sound. When I dive in Mexico, I use seven pounds in fresh water with double Al80's (which are roughly neutral when empty). So that would be roughly 12 pounds in salt water, with a pair of fleece sweats as an undergarment. I actually used a bit more than that in the Red Sea (16 lbs) but I believe it's a bit more saline.

Hi. This might be a great question for our Facebook page. Let me know if it's something you would like me to post. It would be great to see what feedback was available. We do have an article on our website at WEIGHTING FOR DRYSUITS which might also be helpful.

Thank you,

Kathy

Hi. This might be a great question for our Facebook page. Let me know if it's something you would like me to post. It would be great to see what feedback was available. We do have an article on our website at WEIGHTING FOR DRYSUITS which might also be helpful.

Thank you,

Kathy

Decided to just rent a wet suit down there - with fleece and drysuit would have needed to check another bag and it's just too much stuff to carry. That, plus my drysuit zipper's a little leaky.

The wind's been howling the past two days and none of the dive shops I've talked to are going out. I've got my fingers crossed for tomorrow, the last chance I'll have to dive before my 24 hour flying window.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom