Wekiva Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fox-Cousteau

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
2 divers and 6 snorkelers meet at Kings landing to clean up the Wekiva River. Why Wekiva? It is one of only 2 rivers on the National registry. Another reason is to clean up this river is pure service. Since the river is not used by scuba, seldom by snorkelers, we had nothing to gain, however. the river is popular for small boats, swimming, canoing, and swimming.
DIVE DETAILS:
viz could vary greatly based on several variables:
1. deeper was clearer (about 5-8 feet)
2. as stuff was picked up, bottom, which was very silty, would stir and reduce vis to as little as 3 feet.
3. being patient would allow the current to do it's job and viz would return to about 5 feet.
We picked up (literally) a boat load of cans and bottles. even an old tire. There was lots of fun and new friends were made. All in All it was a good dive and a good day!
:D

I just wanted to say that it was nice meeting everyone Saturday. I had a great time and the trip down the river was beautiful.

By the way, how was the Spanish Rocks dive? I have always wanted to try it.

Stay cool :D
D.

I just wanted to say that it was nice meeting everyone Saturday. I had a great time and the trip down the river was beautiful.

By the way, how was the Spanish Rocks dive? I have always wanted to try it.

Stay cool :D
D.
Spanish Rocks was good, we didn't get any claws, but learned a lot about getting some next time. Viz was about 15 feet, Lots of sea life esp various coral and fish. It is a bit of a swim out to the site. max depth was about 22 feet.
Next time I think I'll do this site from a small boat so I can avoid the swim out and back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom