Well - now I'm famous

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boogie711

Reaction score
We did a rec-level Cancer Fundraising New Years Dive yesterday.

We raised about $5k for the Canadian Cancer Society. As we were leaving the water, a news photographer lent me and my dive buddy an underwater camera to take some photos.

Please bear in mind that this also qualifies as proof that I don't hang around my apartment in an Isotherm wetsuit.

Here I am! This photo - all 8 inches of it - is on today's local newspaper, front page, above the fold.

(and for the record, yes, that is an o-ring on my bolt snap for the longhose. I haven't gotten around to replacing it with some cave line yet.)

Excellent dude... bravo on raising money for a great cause.

That's the amount the gang are aiming for when we do our "scuba olympics" in April -- though we're raising money for the Heart & Stroke Foundation. We were sooooo close last year.

I don't know Jeff, we've heard about the wierd goings on in your apartment, strange experiments and stuff :D good one on the fundraiser.

Boogie711:
We did a rec-level Cancer Fundraising New Years Dive yesterday.

We raised about $5k for the Canadian Cancer Society. As we were leaving the water, a news photographer lent me and my dive buddy an underwater camera to take some photos.

Please bear in mind that this also qualifies as proof that I don't hang around my apartment in an Isotherm wetsuit.

Here I am! This photo - all 8 inches of it - is on today's local newspaper, front page, above the fold.

(and for the record, yes, that is an o-ring on my bolt snap for the longhose. I haven't gotten around to replacing it with some cave line yet.)

Great Job !!!!

I think next year you should do it in a shorty!! :D

Well done and for a great cause!

Diverlady

I applaud you for being involved in an excellent cause and a great sport! Ok 15 minutes of fame over back to being a regular person.(if regular actually pretains to you).

Back
Top Bottom