West Palm Beach - Blue Heron Bridge: March 13-17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetLens

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Two of us are heading down to dive WPB and BHB for 4/5 days next week. We are set for a charter all day Saturday and on Sunday afternoon. Here's the rub:
HT at BHB:
Sun - 8:17
Mon - 8:52
Tue - 9:27
Wed - 10:10
Based on that, we were thinking of trying the bridge Sun through Wed mornings. We only see a couple of boats listing afternoon charters, but it does not appear they have anyone else signed up. We'd like to hit the bridge in the morning and an off-shore charter in the afternoon - for sure on Monday and Tuesday; Wed is a possibility, but we may be off to the other coast that afternoon.

Anyone else interested in Mon 3/15, Tue 3/16, and possibly Wed 3/17 afternoon charters?

Also, as we've not done the bridge before, does the bridge timing sound right? I see from other postings that the East span is closed to diving. Thanks to all of you that post such great information on this site.

Two of us are heading down to dive WPB and BHB for 4/5 days next week. We are set for a charter all day Saturday and on Sunday afternoon. Here's the rub:
HT at BHB:
Sun - 8:17
Mon - 8:52
Tue - 9:27
Wed - 10:10
Based on that, we were thinking of trying the bridge Sun through Wed mornings. We only see a couple of boats listing afternoon charters, but it does not appear they have anyone else signed up. We'd like to hit the bridge in the morning and an off-shore charter in the afternoon - for sure on Monday and Tuesday; Wed is a possibility, but we may be off to the other coast that afternoon.

Anyone else interested in Mon 3/15, Tue 3/16, and possibly Wed 3/17 afternoon charters?

Also, as we've not done the bridge before, does the bridge timing sound right? I see from other postings that the East span is closed to diving. Thanks to all of you that post such great information on this site.

The two charters with the greatest likelyhood of a afternoon weekday charter IMO are the Wetter the Better and Jupiter Dive Center...weather dependant of course....

JDC has a promotion going on next week, 2 tank trips are $45

check out the tide tables for the days you are going to dive. If you end up diving the west span, you can hop in the water 30-60 minutes prior to high tide and stay until 30-60 after. If you jump in 60 before high tide and the current seems overly strong, duck behind a piling for a few minutes and observe the fish under and around the pilings. I usually jump in 60 minutes prior to high tide.

Tide Tables

Also with this rather large rainstorm that is giving us 3-6 inches today, prepare to see some greenish water at the bridge. It should improve each day though :)

PM boat dive (Lobstering is the plan) Leaving Pompano Bch. Sat PM.
Scuba School FLauderdale 954 566 6344.
I don't know much about them. First dive with them will be Sat AM. Wreck/Lobster
Tourist/Diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom