west palm beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GERRY2153

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

My gf and I will be heading to West Palm Beach in November for a week of diving and play.... any recommendations, good experiences or bad experiences, neither of us have been there before.

thanks gerry

I like The Rampage www.diverampage.com

Also you can shore dive at Blue Heron Bridge. Its free, max depth 18', avg depth 10', and tons of sea life, 1 hour bottom time. If you do a search on it you can get lots of info on it and logistics to the dive.

GERRY2153 once bubbled... My gf and I will be heading to West Palm Beach in November for a week of diving and play.... SNIP
Hi, Gerry, I've only been to a couple up there but once I hit on The Dive Club it was all over for me. Great folks and really nice facilities with a great schedule.

http://www.thescubaclub.com/

The boat returns after the first dive, and you can get lunch, bring it back and eat by the pool or skip the second entirely. The second dive is discounted. Lots of reasonably priced hotels in the immediate area, and its a short trip to both the Brass Ring (a must-stop for divers) and the Blue Heron Bridge (interesting Intracoastal shore dive/snorkel).

If you haven't been diving in a while they'll even do a quick skills refresher in a huge windowed tank - no cost.

Just got back from Florida. Went to DEMA and stayed to dive.

http://www.scuba-adventures.com/

Jim Abernathy's

Is where we dove in West Palm. Great operation. Wonderfull people.

Saw 5 big Turtles. And a 400lb Jewfish. In 2 Dives. It was awesome.....

Lorna or Loraine is the Red Head that works with them sometimes. She's great. She was on our boat... Doesn't hurt that she's Gorgeous too...

Have fun, West Palm is great. We did Key Largo and the Spiegal Grove too. I did love how HUGE the Spiegal was. But the diving and sealife seemed better in West Palm.

Although I haven't gone with these people yet, a friend HIGHLY recommends Pura Vida Divers. They are a fairly new outfit so they are out to please.

I second Blue Heron Bridge especially for a nice and easy shore dive. Just mind the tides and you'll really enjoy it!

Laurel- The Frog Queen
:royal:

Mike,

I just went to the link for SCuba Club....did I read that right?? $25?!?!?!?!?

Thats in credible!!!

Laurel- The Frog Queen
:royal:

FLArmyBrat once bubbled... I just went to the link for SCuba Club....did I read that right?? $25?!?!?!?!?
Yup *BUT* I think that's just the morning dive. The afternoon dive is cheaper if you do the afternoon. It works out to be about the same except that you get to relax and fool around between dives. Don't be in a hurry lol

I agree with Mverick. Jim Abernethy's was wonderful in West Palm, and I'm glad to hear there is another highly recommended DM with them.
In August 2003, we had Jane as a DM, and she was just fantastic. Great pre-dive briefing (which was important for the "corridor," and we had ripping currents, but not scary-ripping) and she spotted loads of things underwater for us. Big critters, turtle the size of my Civic, enormous jewfish, rays, reef sharks -- just an amazing dive.
After WPB, I went to Key Largo and was a little... underwhelmed after all the wilderness of West Palm. I sing its praises to anyone that will listen and will return, with Abernethy's, very soon. They have good hotel deals as well. Really friendly and professional.

Have a fabulous trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom