Westcrest Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich Keller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Can someone tell me anything about Westcrest Watersports regulators?

My best guess is that it was made by White Stag and Westcrest Watersports had them made as a private label regulator. They probably have to order 100+ the have their name put on it.

Never seen that design. J valve reserve and what looks to be a tilt valve second stage- interesting.

What makes you think it has a tilt valve?

What makes you think it has a tilt valve?

3 things. The age based on the overall design. The angle the hose enters the second stage and most important, look closely at the last photo. Just where the hose enters the first stage there is an over pressure valve. Those are mandatory when you have a tilt valve second stage and it's rare for a first stage to include one unless the second stage is a tilt valve design. It is possible I am wrong but odds are well in my favor. And for what it's worth, the tilt valves are a real pain to restore and breath poorly if you manage to get it to stop leaking......I have spent a lot of hours trying. :)

Guess early 60's? Size of exhaust and cover mould.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom