Wet Suit maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

martinjc

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey everybody - just curious (as our bathroom is full of drying wetsuits and a BC) - can you 'dry' a wetsuit in the dryer (no heat setting)? Anyone ever done this?

Hi Martinjc

This is the first time I've ever heard this question. It should work but, keep in mind the following:

1. It would cause extra wear on the wetsuit and decrease the wetsuit life.

2. Depending on the condition of the wetsuit, it might add some "flavor" to the dryer for the follow-on loads.

3. Your bathroom would lose the ambiance that it now enjoys.:boom:

but I would think that your wetsuit will not appreciate this too much.

What's wrong with hanging it to dry?

Ari :)

Thanks for the reply's - there's really nothing wrong with hanging it to dry - it's just that we onbly have 1 full bath - and it isn't all that large - so when my wetsuit and BC, weightbelt, etc. are all in there hanging to dry - it kind of negate sthe shower option (without taking everything down, then putting it back up). I kind of thought the drier may have some ill effects on the neoprene. I'll just have to make sure there are at least 2.5 baths in our next house! <S>

I'm lucky enough to live in a house with a chin-up bar in a doorway - all of my gear hangs on that to dry freeing up the bathroom, with a laundry basket underneath to catch the drips.

Now if only I used the chin-up bar for what it was meant for!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom