Wetnotes issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been trying to organize a wetnotes setup and have since picked up both halcyon and dive rite wetnote books but have a couple questions.

A while back I saw a wonderful little book on ebay that someone was selling, it was the halcyon wetnote book with an almost complete basic set of nitrox, trimix, and air tables in it.

I have since tried to make my own but as being far from any halcyon dealer it was incredibly difficult to locate a halcyon notebook so I got the diverite one. I disliked how it was setup and searched until I found an internet source for the halcyon one.

Than it was time for tables, I figured I could buy any set of tables and they would fit in there with little adjustment, I ended up buying online the diverite tables for 32 % nitrox, 36% nitrox, air, o2 loading, and a couple more so I think there is 6 pages in all. The website didn't list dimensions and these things showed up being about twic the size of either notebook.

Does anyone know where to get good tables in a smaller size or is it possible to scan and shrink and print and laminate my own version and have them endure the test of time and depth.

Any tips or experience would be appreciated. Thanks

Why don't you just write the pertinent information on the last few pages? That's why I do for emergency deco plans...

... or is it possible to scan and shrink and print and laminate my own version and have them endure the test of time and depth.
I created a set in Excel (yes, a bit of typing but after the first one, it was easy), then printed and laminated them (back to back), and carry them in my Halcyon Divers Notebook case. (I don't have the electronic files any longer, or I would just PM them to you.) You can drill four small holes in the laminated sheets if you want to put them in the 'binder'. I did but ended up just slipping them under the back flap of the cover.

Sharpie and a ruler mate, just copy the info out of whatever tables you want. If you use the last few pages the front of the book is easier to use. Its a good idea to memorize tables too, they aren't very hard.

DIR-diver.com - What's new

i think has a smaller version of the tables or something, if you print it off it should fit nicely in the halcyon wetnotes. It is referred to as the minimum deco table.

You might try to scan and print. Staples has waterproof laser paper that I've started using for printing stuff in my wetnotes. I've only had it down a few times since I got it a couple weeks ago, but so far it's holding up well. (I wish I could give you long term testing info, but that will have to wait until I test it long term!)

Any printed matter that I want to take underwater that comes from my computer is printed with a laser printer, and then laminated. It works well.

Don't print with an inkjet printer since the ink will probably run when the water gets to it, yes even laminated paper will get wet.

I have not seen the waterproof paper at any of the office supply stores, but it might work as well.

Good luck,

Mark Vlahos

Any printed matter that I want to take underwater that comes from my computer is printed with a laser printer, and then laminated. It works well.

Don't print with an inkjet printer since the ink will probably run when the water gets to it, yes even laminated paper will get wet.

I have not seen the waterproof paper at any of the office supply stores, but it might work as well.

Good luck,

Mark Vlahos

Definitely correct on the LASER bit. Inkjets need not apply.

Here is the waterproof paper... not usually in stock, so order it. Not cheap, but probably cheaper than laminating, and definitely more convenient.

I have printed tables using clear film (Overhead projector type) with a laser printer and used one of the white sheets from the wetnotes as a backing so I can read them. Very water proof and will last several months before the printed matter starts to wipe off the plastic.

Back
Top Bottom