Wetsuit for a Fat person.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Lexvil

Im a big boy returning to Scuba after a long hiatis. Need a XXXL for ME fir diving the NW area. I am also looking for a used XXL -XXXL BCD reasonably priced.

I'd give the Pinnacle a shot. I am 5'9" and about 240 now (was 300). I wear a Pinnacle 7mm Elastaprene (not merlino lined) in a XXL-Short. It has the fit all around and the short keeps the arms and legs from being way too long. I have hear really good things about the 5mm Merlino lined suit.

You are probably going to do best with a full suit, not a farmer john and jacket.

Find some local dealers and keep trying different suits. My LDS keeps ordering until one fits without making me prepay for anything.

I'm 5'9", 250 and wear a Bare Velocity Progressive Sin tretch 3/2 in a 2XLShort. It has been perfect 72-80 degree water. More than I needed last month in Akumal, MX, but not too warm. A great suit, and reasonably priced.

A 2nd on the BARE suits their patterns are great for people a little shorter and wider than most. Henderson's patterns are also very good.

Waterproof makes plus versions of their already-quite-flexible suits. Great looking, excellent suits. Not sure anyone has as many standard sizes of wetsuit as Waterproof.
See Waterproof

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom