Wetsuit Sizing For Big Guy (4X+ Henderson)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barnaby'sDad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
How do you decide which size wetsuit to go with when ordering online? None of my local shops have 4X+ sizes in stock, so "go to your LDS" doesn't help me.

I'm looking at the Henderson Thermoprene 5mm Men's Jumpsuit (Back Zip) on Leisurepro. My measurements are: 6'3", 320lbs, 50L chest, and 48" waist.

From looking at the responses in other wetsuit threads with big guy, fat guy, plus size, etc. in the title...I think I'm going to be in the 4X-5X range. Could anyone that's had a Henderson wetsuit in this size range or helped fit someone for a larger wetsuit take a guess as to which size I should try first? Thank you.

The Henderson suits fit small for that size range. I’m a little smaller than you and the 3XL Akona full siuit is a good fit in both 3mm and 7mm.

I’d try the 4XL Akona with your measurements. It’s stretchier than the Henderson too.

Lance

You're maxing out the chest in the 4XL, making the 5XL the best starting point. Both the original Thermorprene and the new Thermoprene Pro come in 5XL.

5X is what I was leaning towards (thinking about it on my drive home from work). Thank you. :cheers:

hey man I'm bigger than you in the AKona super flex I wear a 4xl 3mm and a 5xl in 7mm

That's something that confuses me when I look back through older threads. Seeing some of the heights and weights that report wearing a 4X...I shouldn't need a 5X in 5mm. Going by their chart though...that's the logical starting point.

Ok sorry to confuse you I wear my 4xl at least 5 times a week this time of year and I have a 62" chest! but maybe mine was marked wrong or I've super super stretched it! I did note a different wetsuit than you posted the Akona super stretch and wore the 5 xl 7mm on Wednesday.

You're maxing out the chest in the 4XL, making the 5XL the best starting point. Both the original Thermorprene and the new Thermoprene Pro come in 5XL.

I'm going to go for that one. Thank you.

I am 6’5” and 280-290lbs
I use a 2xl 7mm O’Neil hooded suit and it runs a bit short for me but I have used both a 7mm Seac,Henderson, aqualung 3xl suit that fits me just fine

Hope that helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom