wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Remember that you are teh most buoyant at the surface. With no air in my BC, I still have to fight a little to initially get dwon teh first couple of feet. Once I'm at 15 feet, I actaully have to give a little shot of air to stay buoyant. This gives me just enough weight at the end of a dive.

I am still fairly new at diving myself, only have a little over 20 logged dives in the 5 months since certified. My instructor told me I needed 28 lbs so that is what I went with. During my training that was ok.

I am 5'8 and weigh 190 lbs, I have a 7 mil wetsuit, I dropped to 26 lbs after my cert diving with an AL80. Last month I bought a steel 72 and dropped to 20 lbs. Personally I have had no problems staying boyount throughout my dive including safety stops.

IMHO you are better off being a tad over weight and logging each dive and make necessary adjustments to get the most out of each dive.

Be safe, stay wet,

Socaldiver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom