Wetsuits for tall skinny girls?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teas

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So, whilst looking on diving websites I see something I like - very much.

However, when I come to select a size I am completely lost - once again I fall into so many categories (I had the same problem selecting a BCD months ago), with the main issue all my measurements would be for a small wetsuit (chest, waist, hips), but my height means I need at least a L?

I know there is wetsuit companies out there that produce 'Tall' wetsuits, but my legs are average - if not smaller than, all my height is in my upper body.

I can't afford custom made wetsuits, has anyone had similar problems and if so what were your solutions.

If it helps my dimensions are:

Height: 5'8"/5'9"
Chest - 33"
Waist - 26"
Hips - 32"
Weight - 130lb

I'm not a woman, but I CAN tell you this. Men's wetsuits vary in size. I wear a medium Mako brand. A large Spetton brand and a ML Tall Yazbeck brand. And I've had an XL ScubaPro that fit well.

I currently have 3 wetsuits that fit. (Yazbeck, Mako and Spetton) I called the dealer or manufacturer and gave them my measurements, just as you did on your post.

It's hard ordering online without trying them on but this has worked for me.

:hm: Can't really understand the measurements. Hard to get a feel for your true size and shape. Please post pictures. :D

Well your a little far, as I have a suit like new 7/6/5 xcel(2 pool ,1 ocean dive) But check out Xcel. My ex(didnt complete course)was 5'8" 130-135lb.s Fit was pretty good, I found xcel suits are good for "athletic" & slimmer tall people. I tried at least 6 other brands before I found one for myself 6'3" 210lb.s and the female suits seem to be similar in this manner.

I'm not a woman, but I CAN tell you this. Men's wetsuits vary in size. I wear a medium Mako brand...
I called the dealer or manufacturer and gave them my measurements, just as you did on your post....worked for me.

Thank's for the advice. I should have thought of that in the first place - duh!

:hm: Can't really understand the measurements. Hard to get a feel for your true size and shape. Please post pictures. :D

Cheeky!

Well your a little far, as I have a suit like new 7/6/5 xcel(2 pool ,1 ocean dive) But check out Xcel. My ex(didnt complete course)was 5'8" 130-135lb.s Fit was pretty good, I found xcel suits are good for "athletic" & slimmer tall people. I tried at least 6 other brands before I found one for myself 6'3" 210lb.s and the female suits seem to be similar in this manner.

Thank's I'll look into it! Never heard of them before.

When I got a suit off eBay and it didn't quite fit right a friend suggested Liquid Fit.
He was able to get suits for himself and his girlfriend that fit amazingly well.
I didn't order from them because I decided to go dry instead.
LiquidFit.Com ~ Wetsuits That Fit Like They Were Poured On You.

Oops, I missed the no custom part.
I'm 5'6" 150lb and the suit I bought online would fit someone thinner.
I had a hard time getting it zipped, then I couldn't breathe...
pm me if you might be interested.

"Cheeky", I've never really understood that term. A lass called me that in the highlands of Scotland once. Is that a good or bad term? LOL

Bare among others would likely fit you perfectly. The 8 Tall fits your measurements perfectly.

Bare 7mm Sport Full Women's Jumpsuit

I am guessing you will be easier to fit off the rack than you think. The folks that have trouble are the 6'6" dudes at 275lbs or 170lbs and the 5'5" dudes that weight 220lbs.

Thanks once again for all the responses!

RonFrank, I will look into Bare. Thanks for the tip.

I have almost your exact measurements! Like you, I have a long torso which makes it difficult to shop for certain things. My BCD is way too short; I regret getting suckered by the dive shop lady into buying it. I currently have a Bare 10T and that fits alright - but still short in the arms and legs. I'm looking for a new wetsuit and figured I would end up with one again that fits in the body but is short in the arms and legs. Please post what you end up with. I'll be looking for a 5/4 or 5/4/3.

Back
Top Bottom