Whale Shark Swim in Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ade99

New
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum. My wife and I were planning on snorkelling with whale sharks this summer (mid July or early August). We've visited Cancun every year the past 3 yrs but always went around Jan-Feb to escape the harsh Canadian winters.
1. So basically, we are looking for a provider that can do the tour from Cancun.
2. Also, I would like to know where these tours take you to see the Whale Sharks? I've read that they either go near Isla Holbox or Isla Contoy where the waters are murky OR off Isla Mujeres where the water is clearer and bluer.
3. And lastly, we were wondering if these tours also provide photographers for an additional cost.
Thank You

Whale Shark Daddy here....The real skinny is the Groupings depend on "Where" the Food Supply is @ any given time & whether or not the WS have Formed in the Deeper Blue Waters North of Contoy for a "Spawn". The Normal Feeding is the Plankton Rich waters off Holbox where the clasrity is less but more than adequate to Snorkel w/ the WS. We operate from both CanCun & Holbox. It depends WHERE they are on any given day. The Blue Water Aggregation has only taken place the last 2 years out of 7...........Mother Natures AQUARIUM can be UNPREDICTABLE as we don't have them "penned Up" like Dolphin Discovery.Chances for the Deep Blue Aggregation are best in Mid-July to Sept. Otherwise Holbox has the WS. try Whale Shark Tours by Holbox Tours & Travel & Home Page

Looking for divers to share a private charter with whalesharkdaddy (there are 2 of us, looking for maybe 4-6 more?). Dates are July 21, 22, or 23. PM me if you are interested.

Whale Shark Daddy here....The real skinny is the Groupings depend on "Where" the Food Supply is @ any given time & whether or not the WS have Formed in the Deeper Blue Waters North of Contoy for a "Spawn". The Normal Feeding is the Plankton Rich waters off Holbox where the clasrity is less but more than adequate to Snorkel w/ the WS. We operate from both CanCun & Holbox. It depends WHERE they are on any given day. The Blue Water Aggregation has only taken place the last 2 years out of 7...........Mother Natures AQUARIUM can be UNPREDICTABLE as we don't have them "penned Up" like Dolphin Discovery.Chances for the Deep Blue Aggregation are best in Mid-July to Sept. Otherwise Holbox has the WS. try Whale Shark Tours by Holbox Tours & Travel & Home Page

Thank you. I'm planning to be in Cancun in the beginning of August. I will contact you once the dates are finalized.

It looks like you can only swim or snorkel with the whalesharks. Is this correct?

Scorpio Divers has mastered the art of writing fake reviews on Trip Advisor and Scuba Board. :shakehead:

Thanks for the heads up DIVEMUCH!!!!, Did they also write the newspaper reviews and PADI article on PADI Scuba Diver magazine UK??? Wow this guys most be super smart!

I've heard all of their facebook friends are fake too. Imagine creating all those accounts with pictures and everything, do they ever sleep?

:shakehead::shakehead:it's called advertising! Anyone can pay for articles promoting their business, and expecially since you are not a recognized PADI dive center. (no boat, no staff, no equipment, no shop) How about 81 reviews in less then a year and 12 in less then 16 days just to bury the one bad review that Scorpio has had in a year. Stop with the fake post and tell everyone that you are two guys offering private dive trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom