Whale Sharks off Isla Holbox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

casi

New
Reaction score
Hello,
we'll go to Mexico from July to August. We want to go to Isla Holbox i order to go snorkeling with whale sharks. Can anyone tell me anything about the chance of actually seeing some ? Some advertisement on the internet says that you are basically guaranteed an encounter, is this true ?
Cheers Casi

Hi Casi

As far as I know, it is true.
Japanese divers actually have encountered Whale Sharks as optional tour conducted by a travel agency from Japan to Cozumel.
I'll go to Holbox in July because I belive my blessedness.

http://www.holboxisland.com/

has any one been diving/fishing there? i plan on freediving there this august but im a little worried b/c ive heard there are many large sharks there. i was there for 2 days a few yrs ago (didnt dive) but i did see these guys bring back with 4 10 ft bullsharks one day. and i will be spearfishing the whole time so this makes it more dangerous. i've seen big sharks before but being on a really remote island makes it seem crazier. I'm sure there are trophy fish everywhere tho. unless its been fished out recently.

casi:
Hello,
we'll go to Mexico from July to August. We want to go to Isla Holbox i order to go snorkeling with whale sharks. Can anyone tell me anything about the chance of actually seeing some ? Some advertisement on the internet says that you are basically guaranteed an encounter, is this true ?
Cheers Casi
VERY True, the WHALE SHARKS Are here now!!!! There will be more in July 6 August For Full details go to www.holboxwhalesharktours.com

Rodrigo

Back
Top Bottom